Galleon trade used to thrived during the precolonial spanish times in Bolinao. It was rumored that various shrunken vessels are found on the seabed. For tourists, the Patar centre of the beach boasts a white sand beach with Spanish style lighthouse at Bolinao.
Bolinao Tourist Attractions
- Church of Saint James – The Mexican inspired church was constructed by the Augustinians in 1609. One may notice the Aztec looking statues which was brought by traders from Mexico. Rare wooden statues also adorn the chruch.
- University of the Philippines Marine Science - Visit the UP marine laboratory to observe the coral-production and giant clams being prepped for clam gardens in Hundred Islands National Park.
- Cape Bolinao Diving Center – For diving enthusiasts and snorkelling, you can head to the diving center to make arrangements especially for shipwrecks.
Bolinao Hotel Accomodation
- Villa Antolin Resort
- Island Tropic Hotel & Restaurant
- Sweet Honey Hotel
- Bing’s Beach Resort
Contact info coming soon
Bolinao Travel Tips
From Cubao and Pasay, one can take an aircondition bus heading to Alaminos. From there you can get to Patar centre via jeepneys and tricycles.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- Bangkok Thailand For New Tourist
- Weirdest Restaurants in Asia
- Korean Sassy Girl Star Jeon Ji Hyun Marries Banker Choi Jun Hyuk
- North Korea Rocket Launch Failed 2012
- South Korean Guy arrested after girlfriend dies of suffocation from eating live octopus